Episode 337: Your Power, Your Voice with Alexia Vernon
Alexia Vernon is on the YKAL podcast this week! Alexia is a sought-after speaking and leadership coach to female (and male) executives, entrepreneurs, media personalities, and change makers who want to spread their ideas, positively impact people’s lives, grow their businesses, and advance their thought leadership. Alexia and I have an amazing conversation about visibility and using your voice. I am super pumped to bring you our conversation.
Together we discuss how most problems can be solved with hard conversations. Alexia shares some of her thoughts and advice on how to have tough conversations, what to do when a conversation goes wrong, and how to turn toxic conversations around.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Using communication to move you to take action (7:04 )
- How to find their voice in high-stake situations when there is a lot of fear (11:12 )
- What to do if communication goes wrong (17:54 )
- Alexia’s experience with online bullying during a Facebook ad campaign (25:00 )
- How to turn toxic conversations around with compassion and empathy (41:26 )