Episode 338: Overcoming Overwhelm with Dr. Samantha Brody
Dr. Samantha Brody, author of Overcoming Overwhelm: Dismantle Your Stress From the Inside Out, is on the show this week. And y’all, who doesn’t deal with overwhelm, right? When she reached out to be on the podcast and told me the title of her book, I thought, “Hell yes, when can we speak?!” Samantha is a licensed naturopathic physician and acupuncturist, and the founder of Evergreen Natural Health Center.
Together we discuss what it means to be overwhelmed, how our values can help reduce overwhelm, and how our subconscious beliefs might be undercutting our goals. Finally, Dr. Samantha shares what food and our food choices have to do with feeling overwhelmed.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What women do to try to combat overwhelm that isn’t working. (7:51 )
- How your values affect overwhelm, how they help you vet your choices, and reduce overwhelm. (9:38 )
- Subconscious beliefs and how they might be derailing your goals. (16:52 )
- The “overwhelm inventory,” what it is and how it helps. (26:21 )
- What food has to do with overwhelm. (31:01 )