Episode 34: LUSH & CrossFit Dump Facebook. Should You?
With the news that CrossFit are deleting their accounts on Facebook and Instagram, the multi-national brand is just the latest in a growing number of brands pulling, or deleting, their social media accounts.
British restaurant chain Wetherspoons, cosmetics firm Lush, and now CrossFit - are these brands leaving social media just a one-off, or is this the start of a growing trend?
In this week's show, we look at what this chain of events means for social media, and Facebook in particular, and what marketers need to be doing now to both monitor this trend, and stay ahead of it.
Settle back and enjoy this week’s topic, brought to you in the usual unscripted manner that you’ve come to expect when Sam and Danny take the mic.
Mentioned on this week's show:
- Annapolis Brewing Big Shot Black IPA
- Lush leaving social media
- Wetherspoons leaving social media
- CrossFit leaving Facebook and Instagram
- Nancy Pelosi doctored video on Facebook
- Is Facebook bad for your mental health?
- Dark Social: The Marketing Trend for 2019?
- Encrypted Messaging: Facebook No More?
Support Marketing on Tap: