Episode 342: Are we all in this together? With Mike Robbins
This week I am sharing my conversation with Mike Robbins. Mike Robbins is a speaker and author of five books, including, Bring Your Whole Self to Work and We're All in This Together. I had a bunch of questions ready to ask Mike about his newest book. But our conversation went in an entirely different direction. And for that, I am grateful.
In this episode, Mike and I discussed the value and importance of talking about race, white privilege, and why being vulnerable is so important, now more than ever. Being vulnerable forces us to ask of others and of ourselves, “Can I trust you with my time, my space, and my voice?” The world is divided - vulnerability is just one way we can begin to open up to talk about and take action for social justice, equality, and civil change.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Mike’s idea and journey for his book, We’re All In This Together.
- When he realized we are not all in this together.
- Mike’s experience with understanding what white privilege means.
- Acknowledging how our conversation is an example of centering whiteness.
- One entry point to anti-racism can be helpful is if white people call forward other white people.
- The importance of being vulnerable.