Episode 373: How to Embrace Your “Too Muchness” with Leslie Lyons
Why are women perceived (or misunderstood) as angry? And, what can we do about it? That's just one of the many topics covered during my conversation with Leslie Lyons. Leslie is Founder of Bombshell Movement Studio in Chicago (a sensual movement studio), host of the Beyond the Pole: Tales from the CEO podcast, and a sales and leadership coach for female entrepreneurs.
Together we also discuss embracing your “too muchness,” using your quiet strength to speak up, and exploring women’s empowerment in some nontraditional ways. We also have a very candid conversation about Christianity.
“The work of feminism, at the heart of it is liberation, and liberation starts with using your voice.” Leslie Lyons
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Leslie’s personal story of how she came to her work as a leadership coach and owner of a sensual movement studio in Chicago.
- Anger’s purpose and why women are perceived (and misunderstood) as angry and what we can do about it.
- How a woman can embrace her ‘too-muchness’ “You weren’t put on this Earth to blend into the background.”
- Unshakeable leadership - what it is and some ways women can harness it.
- We discuss Christianity, self-awareness, and how our spirituality evolved over time.