Episode 40: Shaun Whynacht - Advice From The Doer of Cool Marketing Stuff
Gold Nuggets in this Episode:
- Shaun attended an entrepreneurial conference in grade 9.
- Shaun didn’t see a blue cow that inspired the name of his company.
- If you have a business, you have some understanding of what marketing is.
“Digital marketing is just using a different means to do that type of marketing.”
“Instead of running newspaper ads or radio ads, you’re running Facebook ads.”
- “Find people that can help you do what you need to do in those little steps along the way – don’t try to learn it all yourself.”
- “If you’re found online, whether you have a Google listing or you have your website, you are, in one way or another, doing digital marketing.”
- “As much as understanding who your client is, you also have to have an understanding of who your client is not.”
- Businesses should think about starting or joining Facebook groups.
- “When you create a video for your business, you’re not going in to try and sell your service. You’re going to provide information and value.”
- “There is a skill and knowledge that you have that other people are looking to have answers to.”
- “Podcasting has gained a lot of headway in the marketplace in the last several years.”
“Where I see a podcast really beneficial for a business is not as a means to advertise but as a means to share your area of expertise and your knowledge.”
- “The digital landscape is always going to be changing. What we set out to do today, in 2 months, 3 months, or 6 months is most likely going to change.”
- “Be okay with the fact that you might start something that is not going to work.”
- Juliet spoke more than she was planning to speak.
- “Clients don’t care about the labour pains. They just want to see the baby.” – Tim Williams
Our guest is Shaun Whynacht, Founder and CEO of Blue Cow Marketing.
Shaun has over 20 years of experience in digital marketing across both the US and Canada, helping clients develop the tools for marketing and promoting their businesses. A self-professed learning addict, Shaun spends his “downtime” keeping up with the latest trends in technology, marketing and design so that he can put them to work for his clients.
Shaun is also a licensed display fireworks and pyrotechnician.
He holds a Diploma in Technical Television Productions from the Nova Scotia Community College.