Episode 402: What’s going on in Chicago?
This week we take a critical look at DHH’s plan to move HEY! out of the cloud and the 5 values driving the decision. Plus, some thoughts on residential fiber…
- Cycled the Power
- The Principles are Amazing
- The neighbors prefer a MRI machine to my dog
- Does this mean the public cloud is over?
- Where was the Oracle rep?
- We fear change
- SaaS for me, not for you
- The author of this text does not like Amazon
- Adventure-driven development
- You’ve got great a manifesto
- Cory Doctorow amped up
- We stand to save $7m over five years from our cloud exit
- Five values guiding our cloud exit
- Basecamp CTO: $600k of servers will save $7 million
- Two racks. My friends, a thread from Adam Jacob
Relevant to your Interests
- Microsoft Limits Bing AI Chats to 5 Replies to Keep Conversations Normal
- Update from Andy Jassy on Amazon's return to office plans
- Amazon employees push CEO Andy Jassy to drop return-to-office mandate
- An update on two-factor authentication using SMS on Twitter
- The SSO Wall of Shame
- Twitter spent $60 M on SMS?
- Predicting Resource Cost Before Deployment
- Oakland Declares State of Emergency Due to Ransomware Attack
- US Border Patrol Is Finally Able to Check E-Passport Data
- GitHub Copilot update stops AI model from revealing secrets
- Twilio Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Results
- Big 1Password update for iOS and Mac brings over 100 improvements and changes
- Is the 'exodus' over? Here's how Twitter alternatives have fared since Elon Musk's acquisition
- Most Londoners would quit before they give up WFH
- YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki says she's stepping down
- Forget Milk and Eggs: Supermarkets Are Having a Fire Sale on Data About You – The Markup
- Microsoft to support Windows 11 on Apple M1 and M2 Macs through Parallels partnership
- Digital Ocean Earnings
- Karan B. on LinkedIn: Uber Selects Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Salesforce yields to activist pressure with harsh new policies for engineers, salespeople
- ByteDance's Slack-like tool generated $100M in 2022
- Burton Snowboards cancels online orders after 'cyber incident'
- Open-source is broken: the sad story of Denis Pushkarev (core-js)
- Pixelfed - Decentralized social media
- VMware, Broadcom extend deadline for acquisition
- How websites can still easily track you in incognito mode
- Meta Verified
- YouTube As Infinite File Storage
- Biden won’t save the Apple Watch from potential ban
- Apple TV+ growth has 'flat-lined' as users say service lacks value: UBS
- Gartner: Oracle targets users on Java compliance
- Software is a hell of a drug
- KKR-Backed BMC Plans IPO Valuing It at Up to $15 Billion
- We Tested Tiny11 for Arm on a Raspberry Pi
- NBA Commissioner Adam Silver unveils streaming experience of the future via the NBA App!
- United Airlines Eases Family Seating After Call to Cut Fees
- Thanks to Christopher for sending the article on Mastodon:
- The New Stack — Subscribe to The New Stack Makers Podcast.
- Southern California Linux Expo, Los Angeles, March 9-12, 2023 Matt & Cote!
- Use Discount Code: DEVOP or SPEAK (50% off)
- Coté and Matt arranging a live recording.
- PyTexas 2023, Austin, TX April 1 - 2, 2023
- KubeCon EU Amsterdam, April 18-21
- DevOpsDays Birmingham, AL 2023, April 20 - 21, 2023
- DevOpsDays Austin 2023, May 4-5
SDT news & hype
- Join us <a href="http://www.softwaredefined
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store