Episode 49: Leader Care, 1 Year Later, Lessons Learned
Unconventional leaders tend to just go, go, go, without realizing we may not have what we need to be the best leader to those around us. The last 12 months have been a “case study” in leadership and I want to share some tips - on what I call Leader Care - things I wish I’d known, but for sure will pay attention to in the future.
Intentional Optimism - Your Vehicle for Personal Growth:
- Optimistic = The hull, the vehicle.
- Present = The centerboard - keeps you upright.
- Energetic = The sail - captures & harnesses the wind.
- Courageous = The rigging - holds everything together in proper tension.
- Wise = The rudder - keeps you on track.
- Intentional = Setting everything up to properly capture the wind.
Topics discussed in this episode:
Principles to understand BEFORE you step into a leadership situation:
- Know your skills, abilities and gifts.
- Know your values.
- Give yourself permission to step into a leadership role, or not.
- Consider your leadership to be a gift - to those you lead.
- Understand that leading is serving.
Things to remember DURING a leadership opportunity:
- Don’t be afraid to step up.
- Step up as SOON as you see a need.
- Get out ahead of things if you can.
- Be aware of, and plan for energy consumption.
- Ask for help.
Things to remember, expect or plan for AFTER a specific leadership situation:
- Make a plan for a post-mortem review. (See Eps. 47-48)
- Energy depletion!
- Emotional response.
- People will continue to follow you.
- Leadership IS GROWTH.
Newsletter: Optimistic Living
Mini Course: “Uncovering Your Core Values”
Collaborative Membership Community: Launch From The Beach
Email me at email@example.com
Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
● Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
● Linked In Andrea Johnson
Noom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.
Skillshare: Spark your creativity.
Get 40% Off Annual Membership
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)