Episode 57: Resilience in Weight Loss
Resilience can be applied to any area of your life. Weight loss and the struggle that it is has been a hot topic lately, so I’m sharing a bit of my story, and how resilience plays a role in how I have lost, and manage my weight - and you can too.
Intentional Optimism - Your Vehicle for Personal Growth:
- Optimistic = The hull, the vehicle that gets you from island A to island B.
- Present = The centerboard - keeps you upright, focused, centered.
- Energetic = The sail - captures & harnesses the wind, propelling you forward.
- Courageous = The rigging - holds everything together in proper tension, resilience.
- Wise = The rudder - keeps you on track, heading in the right direction.
- Intentional = Setting everything up to properly capture the wind.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- CHARACTER: I choose to do what I say I will do, even when it's hard, because the more I practice, the more solid my character becomes.
- CONSISTENCY: I do the small things, daily, that make big things possible. My processes and methods are aligned with my "why."
- FOCUS: I keep my eye on the prize. Knowing where I'm going prevents getting distracted by challenges.
Ready to make changes in your weight loss journey?
- There’s NO quick fix - you have to be willing to work for it.
- There IS an answer - it’s unique and individual to you.
- You CAN be resilient! If you are successful in other areas, you can be successful here.
Newsletter: Optimistic Living
Collaborative Membership Community: Launch From The Beach
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
● Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
● Linked In Andrea Johnson
Get your own DISC Assessment, and don't forget the 10% discount (code "PODCAST") at check out!Noom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.
Skillshare: Spark your creativity.
Get 40% Off Annual Membership
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)