Episode 59 - A Little Kindness, Please
The 3rd facet to the tenet of Present is kindness and openness. Kindness and openness are the bedrock of being present.
You've got to try a little kindness
Yes, show a little kindness
Just shine your light for everyone to see
And if you try a little kindness
Then you'll overlook the blindness
Of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streets - Glen Campbell
Does this sound naïve? Trite? Let’s look at the concept of kindness today.
Intentional Optimism - Your Vehicle for Personal Growth:
- Optimistic = hope and a future
- Present - wonder, generosity, kind / open
- Energetic - industry, excitement, life focused
- Courageous - leader, adventurous, undaunted
- Wise - words, respect
- Intentional - plan, purposeful, good finances
Topics discussed in this episode:
Kindness / Openness:
- Emotions: I will feel what is happening NOW. I don't run from my feelings. They tell me things I need to know.
- Non-judgement: Every human is created in the Image of God, worthy of kindness, grace, respect and saving.
- Poor/Disenfranchised: I open my heart and hands to those in need. I have enough to share.
Ask yourself :
- What are YOUR heart attitudes regarding kindness and openness?
- What emotions does it stir up?
- Where is judgement showing up for you?
Newsletter: Optimistic Living
Collaborative Membership Community: Launch From The Beach
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
● Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
● Linked In Andrea Johnson
Need some tools?
Try New Things - 30 Day Challenge
Get your own DISC Assessment, and don't forget the 10% discount (code "PODCAST") at check out!Noom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.
Skillshare: Spark your creativity.
Get 40% Off Annual Membership
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)