Episode 65: The Big Round World Outside the Browser
Katherine Druckman and Doc Searls talk to Shawn Powers about comic art, ecommerce, and the world beyond the browser.
Special Guest: Shawn Powers.
- My Big Round World – Everyone's a square… — Everyone's a square…
- xkcd: Hammer Incident — A webcomic of romance,
sarcasm, math, and language.
- My Dog: The Paradox - The Oatmeal
- Joe Craven - Wikipedia — Joe Craven is an American freestyle folk, world and roots music multi-instrumentalist, singer and educator.
- Thinking Outside the Browser – Customer Commons — Browsers are clients, which are by design subordinate to servers.
There is a lot that can’t be done with a browser.
- Toward E-commerce 2.0 – Customer Commons — One reason this happened is that client-server, aka calf-cow (illustrated in Thinking outside the browser) has been the default format for all relationships on the Web, and cookies were required to maintain those relationships. Which really aren’t. Here’s why:
- Reality 2.0 Episode 43: Ad Tracking Runs Deep
- Reality 2.0 - Blog - Page X-Ray Data Privacy Analysis Featured in Episode 43 — Page X-Ray differs from typical consumer-oriented privacy apps, like The Markup’s recently published Blacklight in that it not only detects trackers that are loaded by the page, but also the trackers that are called by other trackers, giving a more extensive view of tracking activity and data collection.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store