Episode 66: How is Open Science Doing?
Yoel and Alexa discuss progress in open science over the past 10 years. Is the scientific reform glass half-full or half-empty? Where have we made progress, and what still needs work? We use two papers describing "Scientific Utopia" by Nosek and colleagues (written nearly 10 years ago!) in order to evaluate our progress.
Also, the true story of how Ashley Madison got its name.
- Paperpile: No-fuss reference management for the web. Manage your research library, right in your browser. Promo Code: BEERS
- Unibroue | Megadeth Saison 13
- Just the Juice - Prairie Artisan Ales
- Solstice d'Eté (Framboise) - Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!
- Rinse/Repeat Idaho 7 Cashmere - Westbrook Brewing Co.
- Scientific utopia: I. Opening scientific communication.
- Scientific Utopia: II. Restructuring Incentives and Practices to Promote Truth Over Publishability - Brian A. Nosek, Jeffrey R. Spies, Matt Motyl, 2012
- Joy and rigor in behavioral science
- St. Vincent - The Melting Of The Sun (Official Video)