Episode 7: Dr. Daniel Cook, 'Frankenstein' by Mary Shelley
The University of Dundee Book Club
Episode 7: Daniel Cook, ‘Frankenstein’ by Mary Shelley
In this podcast you will have the opportunity to learn out about the books and ideas that have inspired and influenced the many different and wonderful people that we have here on campus.
This is the University of Dundee, welcome to our book club.
In this Episode
In this episode Dr Daniel Cook, Senior Lecturer and Head of English in the School of Humanities, discusses some of the key ideas and themes from the book ‘Frankenstein’ by Mary Shelley.
Find Out More:
· You can find out more about Daniel, including his research interests here
· Follow Daniel (@ drdanielcook) and the Dundee Gothic Group (@ DundeeGothic) on Twitter
· The bicentennial “Dundee Edition” of ‘Frankenstein’ is available for FREE here
From the Episode:
· Learn more about ‘The Hero with a Thousand Faces’ by Joseph Campbell here
· Find out more about Danny Boyle’s adaptation of Frankenstein here
The University of Dundee
· Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 recognised us as the University of the Year for Student Experience.
· The Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings placed us 20th in the world.
· 2019 National Student Survey ranked us as 4th in the UK for overall satisfaction
· Received the Gold award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
· The Wall Street Journal and Lonely Planet listed Dundee as one of their top ten `places to visit in 2018’, and GQ called us `Scotland’s coolest city’!
Music courtesy of Jospeh McDade
Track Title: On the Verge
Available at: https://josephmcdade.com/music
Image courtesy of Sincerely Media
Available at: https://unsplash.com/photos/nGrfKmtwv24