Episode 71: Brief Keyword Planning for SEO
I always get the question, "What keywords should I optimize for?" If you ALSO struggle with finding the best keyword planning for SEO, I unveil my secret answer in this Imperfect Marketing Brief.
Spoiler Alert: Optimize for whatever your audience is searching for.
Let me say it again. Use the same keywords that your audience uses when searching!
Yep. It's that easy and that hard.
Sometimes we are too close to our business and what we do. It's hard to take a step back and see it from our audience's perspective.
Ask them what they are working on and what they struggle with, BUT don't do like I did, and just give them the words. Have them explain it in their own words!
That will make a HUGE difference for you while keyword planning for SEO.
If you are looking for help, feel free to download my guide to defining your target audience.
- Brief on using YouTube in your marketing
- Jason Barnard, a musician and former cartoon blue dog, explains how to control your brand's presentation on Google
- Brief on measuring your goals (to keep you on track!)
- Do you know your list-building style?
- Want to strengthen your marketing? I can help!
Want to grow your email list? I just released my 7 Steps to 1000 Subscribers Guide that will help you achieve your goals. Ready?
Get it here.