Episode 80: The Emotional Side of Delegating
This week I had the pleasure of speaking with Jenny Mitchell, a leadership coach, to better understand the emotional side of delegating and why we struggle with outsourcing.
Complicated emotions surround delegation, and being aware of the ones you struggle with is the first step to recovery.
Fear is ultimately what holds us back from delegating. It could be the fear of not getting the accolades you used to get; it could be the fear of someone not doing it right; it could be the fear of someone doing it better than you would have.
These fears are valid and normal—but working through them is critical! Identify what's holding you back, then delegate so you can focus on adding value.
How do you process the emotional side of delegating? Did you learn something new about yourself in this episode? I'd love to hear from you! Let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here if you'd like to access the transcript and follow along!
Want to learn more about Jenny?
- Visit her website chavender.com or connect with her on LinkedIn.
- Be sure to check out her podcast Underdog Leadership wherever you listen to podcasts or click here.
- Check out this episode with Gary Geiman for more business tips
- Hear why "no" is my word of the year during my conversation with Blaine Oelkers
- Overcome limiting beliefs and grow your business with Michelle Vroom
- Save time with my FREE guide to generating content ideas
- 7 Steps to Get Your First 1000 Subscribers
Want to grow your email list? I just released my 7 Steps to 1000 Subscribers Guide that will help you achieve your goals. Ready?
Get it here.