Episode 82: Marketing Fundamentals with Tim Fitzpatrick
Thanks for joining me for another Imperfect Marketing episode! I am joined by Tim Fitzpatrick, an entrepreneur and business owner with expertise in marketing and business growth. Today, we dive deep into marketing fundamentals and steps to help you develop and grow your business.
He unpacked some nuggets about targeting your right market and his journey of failures and successes that have helped him continually grow. Again, it comes back to understanding your target audience and speaking directly to them.
We also tackle how important it is to avoid shiny object syndrome—and if you've listened to a few episodes here and there, you know that's something I'm tempted by! Yes, it's great to try new tools, but don't lose sight of your main objective.
Do you follow these marketing fundamentals? Interested in trying them out? Let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Can't listen right now? Here are the key topics:
- Understanding and identifying your target audience is critical!
- Your messaging matters.
- Plan in shorter sprints.
- Diversify your channels.
- Marketing in B2C and B2B Spaces.
Tim's Six Step Plan for working in his company and with clients:
- Step 1: Identify your target market. Who are your ideal clients?
- Step 2: Create your goals and plan.
- Step 3: Identify your budget and resources.
- Step 4: What is your current plan?
- Step 5: Outline your priorities for the next 90 days.
- Step 6: What information are you tracking?
Connect with Tim Fitzpatrick:
Related Links and Resources:
- Landing pages that convert with Lorraine Ball
- Branding with Linda Kleist
- Brief on setting goals
- Brief on measuring goals
- My guest spot with Rialto Marketing
Want to grow your email list? I just released my 7 Steps to 1000 Subscribers Guide that will help you achieve your goals. Ready?
Get it here.