Episode 89 - Renee Giarrusso | The Gift Mindset
Renee Giarrusso is a communication, leadership and mindset expert. She is a speaker, author, facilitator, educator and coach who works with leaders, teams and organisations to energise mindset and accelerate communication, collaboration and leadership to lift performance and culture.
Her first book Limitless Leadership in 2016 was soon followed by the Leaders of Influence anthology. This episode with Renee is jam-packed with practical tips as we unpack her new book, The Gift Mindset - Unwrap the 12 gifts to lead and live a life of purpose, connection and contribution.
We explore how to apply the Gift Mindset to both challenging and positive circumstances. Also some of the barriers to living a gift mindset.
Renee's stories throughout this episode are really peppered with some immediately implementable actions so make sure to have a paper and pen handy!
Key episode highlights include:
- What bookend habits can you develop? What is something that you can do that anchor the beginning and end of your working day?
- Don't just confine yourself to one workspace. Change it up according to your mood and tasks being completed.
- Ask yourself, what habits are working for me and which ones do I need to rewrite?
- Don't use success as a secret weapon, share it with others to elevate the whole organisation.
- Try this: when you need a breather from work, open every window in your house, and then shut them again. Not only will it increase oxygen by 200% but it's a great brain break and gets your body moving!
#podcast #leadership #selfleadership #business #coach #culture #giftmindset #book #booklaunch # learning #development #mindset #life