Episode #90 REPLAY: Career Sponsors
For #InVinoFab episode no. 50, Patrice and Laura discuss a few articles related to sexism in the academy and how we can better support career planning for women. Being strategic about your own career path might help women move forward. We discuss mentoring vs. career sponsor. It will be critical to find a career sponsor to get you towards your tenure goal for academia or to climb your own career ladder at work.
- Sexism in the Academy: Women’s narrowing path to tenure nplusonemag.com/issue-34/essays/s…yVRfuX7RWYyqB7Wfg
- The Right Way to Find a Career Sponsor by Sylvia Ann Hewlett hbr.org/2013/09/the-right-way…find-a-career-sponsor
Mentoring @ EDUCAUSE www.educause.edu/careers/special-…ograms/mentoring
EDUCAUSE Community Groups Peer Mentoring Program 2019–2020
What is a Career Sponsor & Why Might You Want One? www.theladders.com/career-advice/h…-might-want-one
Our #InVinoFab Recommended Books & Books We’re Reading:
- HBR Guide for Women at Work (2019)
- Forget a Mentor, Find a Sponsor by Sylvia Ann Hewlett
- Ruby by Cynthia Bond
- Colonize This!: Young Women of Color on Today’s Feminism by Bushra Rehman & Daisy Hernández (Editors)
In Vino Fabulum! In Wine, Story!
Subscribe to #InVinoFab podcast on Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you catch your pods.
- Follow us on Twitter @InVinoFab or IG: @invinofab
- Email us to be a guest or share a topic suggestion? email@example.com
- Connect with your co-hosts (she/her) on Twitter: @laurapasquini & @profpatrice