Epsiode 11: Patent Activism, Access to Medicines, and The Social Dilemma ft. Priti Krishtel
Episode 11--Patent Activism, Access to Medicines, and The Social Dilemma featuring Priti Krishtel
In this episode, Jack and Shobita discuss the growing politicization of COVID-19 science and at listeners' request, review the Netflix movie The Social DIlemma. And Shobita speaks with Priti Krishtel, co-executive director of the i-MAK, the Initiative for Medicines, Access, and Knowledge about how we can reform the patent system to make pharmaceuticals more affordable and accessible.
Priti Krishtel (2020). Why are Drug Prices So High? Investigating the Outdated US Patent System. TED Talk.
Interview with Angela Glover Blackwell (2020). "From Patients to Patents: A Focus on Health Equity." The Radical Imagination Podcast.
- Priti Krishtel (2019). The Solution to America's Drug Pricing Crisis. NEXUS USA.
- Priti Krishtel (2019). "Public Participation in the Patent System Will Lower Drug Costs." Morning Consult. January 4.
- Priti Krishtel (2018). "How High-Priced Drugs Cripple Prison Health Care—and Reform." The Crime Report. December 18.
- Priti Krishtel (2018). "Women Are Being Hurt the Most by the Drug Pricing Crisis." Ms. Magazine. October 30.
- Priti Krishtel (2018). "A Supreme Court victory for lowering drug prices." The Hill. April 28.
Transcript and more at thereceivedwisdom.org