DiscoverThe Angles of Lattitude Podcast | Learn from the Successes of the Creatively Self Employed | How-To | Inspiration | MindsetEscaping the 9 to 5 Through Online and Retail Arbitrage: How Selling on Amazon Can Buy Your Freedom with Tyler Philbrook (AoL 099)
Escaping the 9 to 5 Through Online and Retail Arbitrage: How Selling on Amazon Can Buy Your Freedom with Tyler Philbrook (AoL 099)
In this session, I wanted to take it back to where my idea of starting a podcast originated from. I've been a big fan of the SPI podcast ever since Pat Flynn started it. From that show, I've been turned onto several of other business and lifestyle podcasts and influencers.
Pat motivated and inspired me to do more and he continues to do so.
Today's guest was also motivated by Pat but at a much deeper level.
Unlike me, Tyler Philbrook has experimented with multiple ways of making passive income that Pat has talked about on his show. If Pat is the crash dummy of online business, then Tyler is kinda like the dummy that didn't turn out so hot after the wreck.
Nothing seemed to work for him. But he kept listening to Pat and eventually stumbled on session 99 with Jessica and Cliff Larrew.
For two years, Tyler has been slowly building his Amazon based business to a point where he could step away from his day job of being a pharmacist.
And now, he's in a place where he can start helping others do the same. I'm glad to hear I have another TA friend!
In our chat today, we discuss what he learned along the way of working on Amazon, what beginners should know, and what he's looking forward to working on now that he has more freedom with his time.
Thanks for listening, and enjoy the show!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
* What was life like growing up in Maine for Tyler? 15:56
* When did he figure it was time to do his own business? 18:09
* How'd he start with the SPI Podcast and applying what he learned? 21:05
* Did growing up working with his parents' restaurant impact his ability to start his own business? 23:31
* What were Tyler's first items that he tried to do retail arbitrage with on Amazon? 25:15
* Is he only doing Amazon sales? 28:13
* How does he determine which products to source? 30:05
* If someone is starting from scratch, what are some definite things need to know about retail arbitrage? 34:25
* What's it like to be out of his 9 to 5 job? 38:02
* What is Tyler looking forward to do with his extra time? 40:46
* Top 3 favorite books he tells others about? 47:04
* What's a tool that he uses all the time that a beginner should know about? 49:04
* Hardest thing he's ever had to say no to. 50:52
* What's a few things that all high school students must know? 52:15
* What's the secret to achieving personal freedom? 56:47
* ... and MUCH more!
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Tyler Online: Website, Facebook, Twitter
SPI Podcast Session 99 - Jessica and Cliff Larrew
Hector Santiestaban AoL Interview
Amazon Seller App (Android) (iPhone)
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store