Eva Walker-Outlaw: African American Breast Cancer Survivor Highlights Experience with Rowing
#036 - Eva Walker Outlaw is a breast cancer survivor and African American rower at an organization called Recovery on Water.
In this episode, we talked about:
- Eva’s diagnosis [2:26 ]
- When Recover on Water came into her life [28:12 ]
- Benefits of rowing [30:32 ]
- Her experience with subtle racist moments in rowing [31:22 ]
- Another reason why visibility is important in rowing [38:01 ]
- What advice she would give to those recently diagnosed with cancer and those who are just seeing themselves in the sport [47:03 ]
… and much more.
To get in touch with Eva, please reach her on Instagram @nd_sometimes or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Recover on Water, visit www.recoveryonwater.org or find them on Instagram @recoveryonwater
We hope that the conversation in this podcast helps us all in the rowing world -- no matter your race -- to unify the rowing sport through diversity.
If you have a response to this or any episode, we want to hear it. Send us your voice message at www.speakpipe.com/rowingincolor or just check out our Linktree (linktr.ee/rowingincolor). If you don't follow us on IG already, find us @rowingincolor.
Lastly, if you can, please hit "follow" or "subscribe" wherever you listen to podcasts. If you can, please leave a rating and a review on Apple Podcast -- it would really mean a lot.
We hope you and yours are well. Stay safe.