Eve Rodsky on Rebalancing Invisible Labor
Eve Rodsky was on a business trip when her husband texted saying someone left a beer bottle and jacket on their front lawn. She figured he’d take care of it. When she returned a day later, they were still there. That was when Eve realized unless she figured out why women take on so much invisible labor at home, she’d spend the rest of her life picking up beer bottles and jackets. Today, Eve shares how treating home like your most important organization can change your life.
In this episode, Eve shares:
- How growing up with a single mother shaped the way she thought about work
- A skimm of her Fair Play approach to home labor – and why it works
- The difference in how society value men’s time vs. women’s time
- Why having an identity outside of being a parent, a professional, a partner is essential to a happy life
- Ways to start finding your “unicorn space”