Exclusive: The CDC Responds (with Dr. Rochelle Walensky)
CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky joins Andy to provide direct answers to today’s toughest questions about COVID-19. They discuss unvaccinated kids, the Delta variant, and the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. She and Andy have a candid conversation about what it’s like to run the CDC right now and she weighs in on Andy’s most controversial tweet of all time.
Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt and Instagram @andyslavitt.
Follow Dr. Rochelle Walensky on Twitter @CDCDirector.
Check out In the Bubble’s Twitter account @inthebubblepod.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://lemonadamedia.com/sponsors/
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Check out this New England Journal of Medicine study on the transmission of COVID among household contacts of vaccinated people: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2107717
- Watch Dr. Walensky speak about her feeling of ‘impending doom’ back in March: https://youtu.be/hL9doW9y90k
- Read the MMWR Dr. Walensky mentions in today’s episode about anxiety, depression, PTSD, and suicidal ideation in public health workers during the COVID-19 pandemic: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7026e1.htm?s_cid=mm7026e1_w
- Order Preventable by June 30 and complete the form to receive a free set of limited-edition stickers, a custom-printed Preventable mask, and a signed bookplate: https://read.macmillan.com/promo/smppreventablejunepromo/
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com/show/inthebubble.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.