Exclusive: Vaccination Nation – Part I
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is forecasting that there will be more than 500,000 deaths from the coronavirus in the U.S. by the third week of February. In the meantime, there has been a flurry of activity by major pharmaceutical companies to work together to help meet the huge demand for vaccines, all against the backdrop of an emerging trend: vaccine hesitancy. Driven by misinformation, lack of trust, and concerns about safety and efficacy, vaccine hesitancy is considered to be one of the top global health threats, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
In the first portion of an exclusive series produced by ICD10monitor for Talk Ten Tuesdays, Erica Remer, MD will kick things off with a report on the subject, including a listener survey conducted during the live broadcast. Remer is a volunteer inoculator with the Medical Reserve Corps of the Cuyahoga County Board of Health.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- COVID-19 Report: John Foggle, MD, a frontline physician caring for COVID-19 patients at Rhode Island’s alternative site field hospital as a member of Brown University’s emergency medicine department, will report on the latest news coming from the frontlines of America’s battle against the deadly coronavirus.
- RegWatch: Stanley Nachimson, former Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) career professional-turned-well-known healthcare IT authority, will report on how healthcare and politics are inextricably entwined.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, compliance expert and ICD10monitor national correspondent, will anchor the Talk-Ten-Tuesdays News Desk.
- The Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant for Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, will report on the latest ICD-10 codes.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer, MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report our lead story—the first installment in a three-part series on Vaccination Nation.