Expanding Open Source in the Cloud
Heikki Nousiaine (@hnousiainen, Founder/CTO at @aiven_io) talks about how Aiven delivers a broad set of open source data and messaging services via the public cloud, as a managed service.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Datadog Security Monitoring Homepage: Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
- CBT Nuggets: Expert IT Training for individuals and teams
- Sign up for a CBT Nuggets Free Learner account
- Okta - Safe Identity for customers and workforce
- Try Okta for FREE (Trial in 10 minutes)
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Before we dive into the work you’re doing to expand open source innovation, let’s talk about your background.
Topic 2 - Let’s talk about Aiven and the services it provides - all the most popular open source “data-centric” projects (Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, InfluxDB, Grafana), on top of AWS, Azure, GCP, DigitalOcean and UpCloud - plus a bunch of popular integrations (logging, monitoring, authentication, etc.)
- SRE / Support Models
- Pricing Models
- Integrating with the underlying cloud
Topic 3 - How do you typically engage with customers / developers? How much work is typically needed to get those teams initially successful with a given service?
Topic 4 - How does Aiven think about the cloud “shared responsibility model”, in terms of where Aiven’s service stops and the customer's engagement starts? Who is responsible for the data?
Topic 5 - What open source projects are on your radar for adding new services?
Topic 6 - As more technology companies are migrating applications to the cloud, or creating SaaS offerings, are there opportunities for companies to partner with Aiven on the breadth of services you offer?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet