Expert Advice On Working Remotely, Homeschooling, and Finding Balance w/ Jenn Miller
With the current shift happening in the world today I decided to switch up a few of my interviews so that I could help address the idea of working remotely and homeschooling since so many of us have been put into these new roles. I am very lucky to be able to call on my friend, Jenn Miller, who is an expert on all things remote work & homeschooling to help us navigate these new seas.
Jenn has spent 10 years traveling full time with her hubby and their 4 kids all while working remotely and homeschooling and they started this adventure before being a digital nomad was a thing people sought after. We dive into all those details plus productivity, balance, travel, and how to make it all work together as seamlessly as possible so this is a show that has something for everyone.
Today's episode is being sponsored by the amazing folks over at Tortuga Backpacks which, you know, are my favorite backpacks in the world & the people over at Travel South Dakota which have the best free guide all about the beautiful state of South Dakota.
Tune In To Learn:
- 11:00 How is COVID-19 Affecting You
- 13:20 Lessons From The Economic Recession
- 19:10 Earning Money Along The Way
- 22:00 Reinventing & Rebuilding Your Life
- 29:50 Those Remote Work Challenges & Positives
- 33:20 Productivity Tips To Make Remote Work & Homeschooling Easier
- 38:30 The Self-Care Side Of Remote Working + Knowing Your Needs
- 46:20 What Is Going To Happen To Work Culture Post Coronavirus
- 47:20 Keeping The Kids Learning, Entertained, & Happy While Home
- 54:30 It Isn't All Academics All The Time With Homeschooling
- 59:15 The Benefits Of Alternative Educations On The Children's Lives
- 01:03:45 Resources For Remote Work & Homeschooling
- And so much more