FIFA, Soccer, Sports and the Blockchain
In this episode join me Cahill (sounds like K-hill) as I talk with Daniel Taylor from Blocside about soccer (football if you're in the UK) and how as an ex-pro soccer player (football player) he's bringing blockchain to the space.
We've known for years that sports teams are not just about the sports. Sports teams are about so much more. How then do sports teams evolve to creating more value for their fans, more value for their players, and more value for their teams?
Add to this the old systems that are typically in place with sports teams - and you have a fertile ground for disruption.
This is what we dive into.
In Part 1 of this episode I dive into the standard questions. We cover:
- What opportunities exist at the current moment
- Where things are going within the soccer (football) space
- How Blocside is looking to help bridge the gap
- What their ICO and structure looks like
- What they're planning on building over the next few quarters
In Part 2 of this episode we dive deeper as always. As an ex-semi pro athlete myself, I understand nuances about sports that many people haven't experienced. In this part we talk about:
- How and why his experience has helped him propel this business forward
- How and where his team has come from - and why their experience matters
- Scale, growth and how they plan on managing a tremendous amount of growth
- Exploring ERC20 VS other blockchain platforms and why they're considering this
- How tokens are released and why
- What Gas fees look like on their network
- How has the community been building
- and more...
Hope you enjoy the interview!
If you want to hear Part 2 of this episode and all the others I do – you can become a member here.