FLASHBACK FRIDAY - Dr. Vivian Chen: On Allergies, Gut Health, and Food as Medicine
What are we really ingesting when we drink cows’ milk?
What are mothers passing through their bodies to their children? What in the world is a dairy allergy?
Dr. Vivian Chen dives into the dangers of dairy and her story of transitioning to a plant-based diet after a battle to diagnose the root of her infant’s feeding problem.
As a double-certified physician, Dr. Chen has seen a host of improvements in her patients when they cut dairy and address their lifestyle.
She’s going to tell you the sneaky ways dairy might be affecting you -- and your children.
What we discuss in this episode:
- The top four allergies Dr. Chen says mothers should look for.
- Ethnic diversity in allergy prevalence and the difficulty in testing for allergies.
- Delayed vs. acute symptoms and allergies in adults vs. babies.
- Elimination diets to discover the root of your symptoms.
- The effects of casein metabolizing into casomorphin.
Connect with Switch4Good
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Switch4Good/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/switch4good/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SwitchForGood
- Website: switch4good.org
- Support Our Cause: https://switch4good.org/support-us/