FaceTime, Facebook, Google, Shortcuts, Steganography, and More
Apple had a mean FaceTime bug; then they slapped down Facebook, and Google, for some underhanded app distribution. There are security risks using iOS Shortcuts, and there's new malware using steganography.
- VeryMal Mac Attack Hides Data Within a Picture
- Steganography (Wikipedia)
- Are iOS Shortcuts Safe? Reports of Risks Surface
- Use iOS Shortcuts to Automate Tasks on Your iPhone or iPad
- Everything You Need To Know About the FaceTime Spying Bug
- Apple faces lawsuit over FaceTime bug as lawyer says someone eavesdropped on a sworn testimony
- Facebook, Google Caught Deploying Invasive Apps; Apple Shuts Them Down (After we recorded this episode on Thursday, Apple revoked Google's enterprise certificate. Apple later said that the company had reinstated Facebook's certificate, and was working with Google to reinstate the certificate.)
- Google disables app that monitored iPhone usage in violation of Apple’s rules
- Apple just became the tech industry's de facto privacy cop
Get 50% off Mac Premium Bundle X9, fully compatible with macOS Mojave, with the code PODCAST19. Download Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9 now at intego.com.