Facebook Files, PayPal and Pinterest, Netflix's rocky month, and productivity influencers
First, a brief update on the Facebook Files, as more stories start to come out. Then, Owen Thomas joins the show to discuss PayPal’s reported interest in acquiring Pinterest, and why that deal might actually make sense for both sides. Janko Roettgers then discusses the good, bad and complicated of Netflix’s last few weeks, before Lizzy Lawrence joins the show to talk about the world of productivity influencers.
For more on the topics in this episode:
- January 6 insurrection and Facebook: Internal docs paint a damning picture
- What Facebook knew about how it radicalized users
- Our Comprehensive Approach to Protecting the US 2020 Elections Through Inauguration Day
- Owen Thomas on Twitter
- Could PayPal and Pinterest build a shopping super app?
- Janko Roettgers on Twitter
- How Netflix wants to get the next ‘Squid Game’
- Lizzy Lawrence on Twitter
- Meet the productivity app influencers
For all the links and stories, head to Source Code’s homepage.