Families In Business - What Family Business Owners Need To Know
In this podcast I am chatting with "The Family Business Guy" - John Broons. Why and how are family businesses different from any other business? Why are they more complicated to sell or transition to new owners? Listen to my chat with John Broons and you will find out.
- what assumptions do family members make about ownership?
- are non family employees treated the same as family employees?
- how are shares and ownership set up?
- do 'owners' have wills and does the family know the contents?
- what expectations do family members not working in the business have?
- what if a family member marries someone of a different culture? How does they play out?
- if the owner of the business gets hit by a bus, who takes over?
These are just a few of the things we talk about. When it comes to helping family business owners with these and many more issues their is no-one better than John Broons. Over more than 15 years, John has worked with hundreds of family businesses ranging from SME's to major enterprises. John offers education, courses and coaching and you can find out more at www.johnbroons.com