Fetch Me A Renaissance Italy Nostalgia!
- Elena plugs whale sharks.
- Kappa is Kappa on glowfic.com and viniferavaria on Twitch.
- Whale sharks.
- Ask Me About My Bizarre Quasi-Fanfiction (Animorphs/Madoka thematic fusion, sword of truth retake, lilite satanist narnia...)
- Did you see that video where the Super Monkey Ball superfan went on a quest to find the narrator's voice actor?
- A ZZT community member recreated the lost ZZT source code from scratch and it compiles to a byte-identical executable
- Josh asks "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuai_Kuai_culture"
- Van Halen and the brown M&Ms http://www.compliancebuilding.com/2009/08/03/compliance-van-halen-and-brown-mms/
- Bug reports and changelogs from video games that are just close enough to real life to be surreal
- The whale shark's incredibly dumb face.
- Lilite Satanist Narnia.
- The Satanist version of what Narnia is to Christians and Golden Compass is to atheists.
- Telling your best friend about the magical key you just found and going off together to have adventures.
- Suddenly becoming monarch of a place you've never heard of and having to set policy when you're thirteen years old and have never taken an economics class in your life and also it's a magical kingdom so it uses magic economics anyway.
- Building a paradise for people against their will.
- Seeing enough sexism that you have to invent a splinter sect to get rid of it.
- Nostalgic fiction from people with really weird backgrounds.
- An 80s-ass computer terminal with an extremely full ashtray next to it.
- Nostalgia for 16th century Polynesia.
- Second-hand nostalgia.
- Going on a quest to find the voice actor of a beloved video game.
- Whether or not Sega is currently producing another Super Monkey Ball.
- Whether or not you should monkey some balls.
- Turning dials at the edge of a board and a ball bearing falls into a hole.
- Going into the recording both with no context for the lines you are about to read.
- Actors reading individual lines in a vacuum rather than reacting to each other.
- Not having a good way to order the lines in your branching script so you deliver the lines to the actor in alphabetical order.
- Using CD audio to store your sounds so you can only have 99 individual things you can play.
- The last of the Guild of Weavers.
- All the adults getting turned into swans and flying away.
- An adventure game where you play a sequence of notes to select a verb.
- Not having perfect pitch but being glad that there is a game mode for people who do.
- Trying to summon a demon from beyond time.
- Escaping reality with the other Weavers and all your friends are horrifically murdered and their ghosts are angry at you.
- Pointing a decompiler at the game and typing in Pascal until it basically matches.
- Comparing two executables by loading them both in a decompiler, rapidly switching between the windows and looking for differences on the screen.
- Using the decompiler released by the NSA to reverse engineer ZZT, so you know the NSA must've reverse-engineered ZZT internally decades ago.
- Whether or not the ZZT source code was lost in an interesting way.
- How ZZT and Unreal were both sold as a video game but really the part people were interested in was the level editor.
- More man-hours than a man has.
- MMO developers releasing the client source code but not being allowed to release the server source code.
- Nobody wanting to port a million line code base to another language.
- Doing your best to elide over the more boring details.
- Fixing about 30 complier errors and getting about another 30 because the compiler doesn't have great error recovery.
- Going back to Flickr to find even higher resolution photos of bugs having sex.
- Changing all the stars on the American flag to bugs.
- What was going on in France.
- How to fix the problem when your game is crashing in France.
- One browser interpreting your integer as a percentage and the other interpreting it as a decimal.
- Upending all of science because it's easier than disabling auto-formatting dates in Excel.
- Approaching a project with the design goal of being as outrageous as possible.
- Playing a game where you're unsure whether the time it crashed was intentional.
- The rigid set of best practices for using snack foods to ensure machinery keeps working correctly.
- The Van Halen brown M&M story as a conscientiousness filter.
- That time Van Halen refused to play because there were brown M&Ms backstage and also the stage wasn't strong enough to hold all their equipment.
- Rules that exist mostly as a way to determine how much the participant cares about being a good member of the community.
- Forgetting your girlfriend's birthday and going back in time to get her a present.
- Spending all day evaluating your list of people you might want to castrate.
- Satanists ritually sacrificing themselves.
- Being attacked by necromantically re-animated yak hooves and hair.
- Your memories of seeing a lovely waterfall being amputated and necromantically re-animated and trying to drown you and it's extremely unclear how to kill the memory of a waterfall.
- The process of getting dwarves to a place where they can do dwarf stuff.
- Sadness that the badgers never made it into Faeries vs. Badgers.
- A son waking up any minute now.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store