The next generation of fintech is just around the corner. Gen one brought financial institutions greater technological integration during the dot-com boom, and gen two delivered traditionally in-person functions digitally thanks to the use of APIs and the cloud. But gen three will bring the financial services industry into a new era, building upon the successes of gen one and two to enable the greatest user and institution experience yet.
In this episode of Financial Futures, we take a look at the development of financial services over the last 30 years and examine the advances taking place to define the future of finance into 2030 and beyond. We learn all about the technological milestones and societal shifts that are influencing change within the fintech industry, and we’ll hear how institutions will respond to changing consumer attitudes and the never-ending innovations within the financial space.
In today's episode, we speak with SVP and global head of venture investment at FIS, Stephane Wyper to find out what gen 3 will mean for customers, institutions, and even society. We'll explore the advances and attitudes that will shepherd in this new age of fintech and find out how the digital and physical will combine, making financial services truly omnichannel.
We'll also ask:
- What is fuelling innovation and the change in customer attitudes?
- What are the factors affecting new technology adoption?
- Where do cloud and API technology fit into the third generation of fintech?
- What is developer-less integration?
- What will the financial services industry look like in 2030?
- What is the future of brick-and-mortar banks and financial institutions?