Financing Your Cash Flowing Real Estate Investments with Easy Street Capital Partner Robin Simon
Cash flow and qualifying for financing are two of the biggest hurdles when it comes to running your real estate business and landing your next deal. We're talking about forward-thinking lending in this episode of The Real Estate Law Podcast.
Meet Robin Simon, a Partner of Easy Street Capital, a private real estate lender headquartered in Austin, Texas serving real estate investors around the country.
Robin oversees the EasyRent division, which provides long-term financing on business-purpose 1-8 unit residential mortgage loans. Robin oversees the marketing, business development, operations, and secondary/capital markets involved with the EasyRent line, so he's the perfect person to discuss non-traditional financing ideas.
Robin provides financing solutions for real estate investors with a specialty on short term rentals and BRRRR method investors by qualifying entities with no DTI (Debt-To-Income) requirements, no tax returns required, and no income verification
If you're an Airbnb investor, hear how you can qualify for your next investment with 20% down using AirDNA projections in many locations, including vacation and tertiary markets.
Robin also works with AirBnBRRRR (yes, that's a thing!) investors, with loan products that cover a purchase, rehab, AND refinance, offering 100% cash-out refinances within 3 months without a lease requirement.
What we discussed during this episode:
- Financing options that are outside the box of conventional mortgage lenders
- The mental shift required of serious investors away from debt-to-income loans
- When should an investor contact a company like East Street Capital rather than pursue a typical DTI loan with a local lender?
- Working with investors holding 3-5 properties looking to make the move into full-time real estate investing
- Understanding the debt service coverage ratio
- What expenses are taken into account when calculating DSCR?
- The three factors that go into qualifying for a DSCR loan.
- Why they occasionally underwrite sub-1.0 DSCR loans
- The loan products that Jason and Rory have used for their investments
- Why it's important to be up front with your lender and insurance company about your true intentions with a property
- What are the conversations like with newer investors just discovering these alternative loan product?
- Being in the "third inning" of the Short-Term Rental industry where smaller investors can still scale up before institutional investors assert their influence
Where you can find Robin:
Website - https://www.easystreetcap.com/easyrent/
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/robinsimonesc
Email - email@example.com
Join Jason Muth and Attorney / Broker Rory Gill of NextHome Titletown and UrbanVillage Legal in Boston, Massachusetts for
B2B buyer behavior is changing and traditional lead generation tactics just don’t work...
Listen on: Apple Podcasts SpotifySupport the show
NextHome Titletown Real Estate on Instagram
NextHome Titletown Real Estate on Facebook
NextHome Titletown Real Estate on LinkedIn
Attorney Rory Gill on LinkedIn