DiscoverThe Angles of Lattitude Podcast | Learn from the Successes of the Creatively Self Employed | How-To | Inspiration | MindsetFinding REAL Relationships in a Digital Age: How to Make Friends Online with Felicia Slattery (AoL 096)
Finding REAL Relationships in a Digital Age: How to Make Friends Online with Felicia Slattery (AoL 096)
Relationships today are so much different than they used to be.
I can't exactly put my finger on why, but it seems that so many people rely on social media to interact with other people. Personally, I'd rather have a good conversation with someone - I think these podcasts show proof of that!
The problem is with relying on social media, texting, and whatever else you want to put in the blank... these communications are usually fairly short and from what I can tell, surface level communication.
Meaning, they're not very deep.
Growing up, I remember that everyone knew everyone in their neighborhood. This was common all over the place.
That said, I'm glad that people like today's guest exist in helping people create better relationships in their lives.
Felicia Slattery is on a mission to bring people closer together. In her upcoming book, she tackles how people can create REAL relationships in their everyday life.
In today's conversation, Veronica and I find out from her what REAL relationships are, the dos and don'ts of social media, and what are some ways that creatives can be more engaging with their followers.
Thanks for listening, and enjoy the show!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
* What was it like growing up around Chicago? 12:02
* How did Felicia get started in speaking? 13:45
* When did Felecia realize that she wanted to help people build better relationships? 17:02
* How can people stop talking at each other and build better relationships? 21:12
* What are REAL relationships? 26:16
* How can we be more mindful in our lives to get more REAL relationships? 33:47
* How can someone get more comfortable with doing LIVE videos? 38:06
* What are things not to do on social media so you're not being irritating? 44:14
* What are some of the ways to get more engagement out of different social media platforms? 1:01:07
* What's the future hold for Felicia? 1:03:52
* What are Felicia's favorite 3 books? 1:06:31
* Something under $100 that has changed her life? 1:08:32
* What advice do you hear parents giving advice to children that she says is bs? 1:09:18
* How can someone be a difference maker in their community? 1:14:15
* ... and MUCH more!
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Felicia Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram
Bradley Speech Team
Cam Adair’s AoL Interviews: Session 8 and Session 62
The Go Giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann (Amazon Link)
The Tap by Frank McKinney (Amazon Link)
Trust Funnel by Brian G. Johnson (<a
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store