Finding the Courage to Lead with Special Guest Matt Hammitt | Ep. 524
Matt Hammitt had a successful music career as frontman of the Grammy and Dove-award-winning band Sanctus Real, but he knew God was calling him away from his career and toward something else. The wake up call happened when he started realizing he was not the man he intended to be. Today Matt opens up about the process of following God’s lead in leading his family well. Tune in for his encouraging story!
Episode highlights include:
- Is it time to ‘burn the ships’ and change course?
- When both spouses grieve differently
- Working through the self-deceptions that keep us stuck
We pray this episode is helpful to you and your marriage.
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode. When you sign up, you will get our “5 Days 5 Ways” Love Languages resource for free! Plus you will get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox.
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- Grab Matt’s book Lead Me: Finding Courage to Fight for Your Marriage, Children, and Faith
- The documentary Bowen’s Heart is available where movies are streamed
- Find more about Matt and the Hammitts at MattHammitt.com
- You could win a $250 Amazon gift card when you submit a screenshot of your rating and review of the Awesome Marriage Podcast! Use this link to enter!
- Do you feel like you and your spouse aren’t as unified as you’d like? It’s time to get on the same page! This Unity Building Journal is designed to help you look at key areas of your marriage and work to get unified.
- Follow Awesome Marriage on Instagram, Facebook and find Dr. Kim on TikTok!
- Ready to level up your marriage? With the Marriage Changers membership yet you get all of our monthly resources, plus some other sweet benefits, like Tshirts and exclusive videos with Dr. Kim and Nancy! Learn more here!
- Get bite-sized daily doses of marriage wisdom delivered straight to your inbox with Dr. Kim’s Daily One Thing email. As a subscriber, you’ll also be eligible for some awesome freebies!
- Dr. Kim’s free weekly Marriage Multiplier email brings you 4 pieces of practical marriage wisdom in one quick, easy-to-read free weekly email.