Fiona Ex Machina
"Fetch the Bolt Cutters" is Fiona Apple's master class in channeling frustration and anger into what can only be called wisdom. Also, we hear from listeners all over the planet, sharing how they are taking care of the people in their lives.
Discussed this week:
- "Fetch the Bolt Cutters" (Fiona Apple, 2020)
- Fiona Apple on the VMAs in 1997
- "Regret" (Fiona Apple, "The Idler Wheel Is Wiser than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More than Ropes Will Ever Do", 2012)
- "Criminal" (Fiona Apple, "Tidal", 1996)
- "Hold Up" (Beyonce Knowles, "Lemonade", 2016)