Fiver Pitch, Sweet Victory, and Putting the ‘All’ in ‘All Stars’ (W/ Mijon Zulu, Nick Probst, Griffin Leeds, Luis Mancheno, & Genesis Knight)
Hello, August! This week was a real party on the pod; not only did we have two fabulous guests joining us, Brooklyn DJ Luis Mancheno and drag jewelry artist Genesis Knight, but we also welcomed comedian and friend of the pod Griffin Leeds back as a special guest co-host! Luis Mancheno (DJ name Luis Fernando) produces queer, inclusive parties in Brooklyn and Manhattan; Genesis Knight is a fabulous drag queen who creates stunning rhinestone jewelry as worn by Tina Burner and Ginger Minj; and Griffin Leeds writes, produces, and performs comedy around NYC, and also hosts The Forger at Wonderville, a live game show adaptation of the award-winning board game of the same name. We talk about our favorite queer spaces, getting the España finale we deserved, and one of the best episodes of this All Stars season!
On the pod this week:
Drag Race España episode 9, “Drag Race España Grand Finale”
- We couldn’t be happier with Carmen Farala’s victory
- The queens love Supremme just as much as we do
- Did Pupi Poisson deserve a spot in the finale?
- Carmen continues to be the realest queen in the room
- Can we talk about that wig reveal?
- Why we need a Latinx drag race
Rupaul’s Drag Race All Stars season 6, episode 7, “Show Up Queen”
- Ra’Jah O’Hara is top 3 material
- Pandora Boxx is getting a bad edit
- Trinity K. Bonet’s win was definitely deserved
- Are these wins being handed out too diplomatically?
- We are living for Eureka!
- Trinity, Ra’Jah, and A’Keria are friendship goals
- Jan...read the room please
- Please don’t let this game-within-a-game become another Art Simone situation
About our guests:
Luis Mancheno, DJ name Luis Fernando, is a queer DJ in Brooklyn. He was born and raised in Ecuador but has lived in the US for the past 13 years. He DJs and produces queer, inclusive parties in Brooklyn and Manhattan. He is 34 and he is a lawyer during the day.
Creativity and art have always been passions of Genesis Knight. Shortly after high school, she started making hand-crafted jewelry pendants made of clay. It was something she truly loved doing. Like most people, she ended up in the corporate world and really hated it. About two years ago, her creativity and art collided with female impersonation. As a drag queen, Genesis really gets to express herself and be the creative person that she is. This creativity re-ignited her passion for creating jewelry. Her goal is to make high-quality rhinestone jewelry that her clients love to wear.
About our co-host:
Griffin Leeds is an Indiana-to-Brooklyn transplant who writes, produces, hosts, and performs comedy around NYC when there isn't a pandemic.
FOLLOW THE HUNTYS
Whispering Huntys is an Apocalypse Podcast Network Podcast.
Sign up to our Listserv: http://eepurl.com/hfnySr