A mother is never truly alone. From the moment of conception, there is a small human lurking about at all times.
Today we discuss one of the only moments we are alone as performers (though technically also in front of hundreds of people)—the solo act.
What are our favorite solo acts as performers and why, and maybe a little on how those same solos have changed post-baby? Enjoy a peek at our creative processes and favorite stage moments as solo performers.
In this episode we talk about:
· Our drinks, of course!
· Day drinking tips and tricks
· Sleep training with whiskey
· Lily’s most prized possession
· Dying chickens
· Too chicken to be a chicken in LA
· Creepy peeping Toms
· Chicken calls
· Whipped cream
· Sadie’s Love Potion
· Sadie’s mom does a dinner striptease
· Choreography on the plane to San Francisco
· Sadie sacrifices her solo for the group *tear*
· The Golden Girls on Oahu
· Sadie kisses the spider
· Costume brilliance by Sadie
· Costume creation trial and error
· Creative use for an underwire bra
· Tassel twirling technique
· Sprained ankles and lucky accidents
· Inappropriate birthday invitations
· Belly bedazzling
· Pastie malfunctions
· Public indecency
· The worst thing you can do as a Burlesque performer
· F-Bomb’s chickens make a cameo
· Bourbon’s favorite “couples” moment
· Containing water on stage
· Vampires and bloody tricks
· Holding fake blood in your mouth
· The worst thing to swallow
· Lily’s incredible playlists and music-finding abilities
· Burlesque Fest stage faux-pas
· Glitter + champagne = THE WORST
· Fucking glitter!
· Stop waxing the floors!
· Every dancer’s nightmare
· Bomb makes a bloody mess
· Ida Slapter—a legend!
· F-Bomb and bathtubs
· Bourbon’s Mermaid number aka Fish Head number
· The differences between pre and post-baby performances
· Bourbon sucks at pole dancing, especially for an instructor
· The fastest costume-change ever
· Dumpster diving finds
· Mimes are sexy, too
· Bourbon avoids people
· Our take on living with your persona
· Performing in a post-Covid world
· Bourbon’s multi-media stage vision
· Are Bourbon and F-Bomb a couple?
· Go-go dancing and plexiglass cages
· 6-feet of separation
· Potty training
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/burlesquemoms/support