Football; dogs save docs and preserve life; and a clown of a doctor
Medical Muggle Nick Andrews and Emi Okamoto, MD, talk about football: the injuries, the NFL's Crucial Catch campaign, and what to tell patients and parents about football injuries and injuries from all sports.
* * *
Help us make this podcast better! Please take our short listener survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/podcastsurveyOct2019
* * *
The interview this week is with Jeff Pearson, DO, a family practice clinician practicing in Carlsbad, Calif. Dr. Pearson uses humor, magic, and general tomfoolery to forge a connection with his patients.
- Learn about the survey (01:00)
- Dogs extend life (01:30)
- Dogs combat burnout (03:03)
- NFL Crucial Catch campaign (05:15)
- Crucial Catch criticism (06:31)
- Sports injuries (09:50)
- Would you let your kid play football? (14:44)
- Dogs extend life (WebMD)
- Dogs combat burnout (MDedge)
- NFL Crucial Catch campaign
- Crucial Catch criticism (KevinMD)
- NFL player Kelechi Osemele fined for getting surgery (ProFootballTalk)
- Football (European Soccer) Neuromuscular disorders (MDedge)
- Brain Injuries from sports linger for one year (MDedge)
- Dr. Jeff Pearson
For more MDedge Podcasts, go to mdedge.com/podcasts.
Email the show: firstname.lastname@example.org