Fri. 04/03 - Why Are More Young People Dying in the South? And Should You Wear a Mask?
We’re at one million cases worldwide. We’re still talking about testing backlogs and undercounting cases. The whole mask debate has come full circle. Why are young people dying more in the US than in other places? Antibody testing gets underway in Colorado. And this show has a subreddit so that you can tip us stories. More info on that at the end of the show.
- TalkSpace.com, enter code: "briefing" for $100 off your first month
- Beachbody on Demand, Text "briefing" to 303030
- California's coronavirus testing backlog is a vast 64% unprocessed (San Francisco Chronicle)
- Italy’s Coronavirus Death Toll Is Far Higher Than Reported (Wall Street Journal)
- The 1,000-Bed Comfort Was Supposed to Aid New York. It Has 20 Patients. (New York Times)
- Masks help reduce COVID exposure amount (Peter Kolchinsky, Twitter)
- Experts tell White House coronavirus can spread through talking or even just breathing (CNN)
- Poll: Less Than a Third of America Will Rush to Get Coronavirus Vaccine (NBC News)
- Coronavirus in Young People? NY Patients Skew Younger, Some Die (Bloomberg)
- The Coronavirus’s Unique Threat to the South (The Atlantic)
- How Many Adults Are at Risk of Serious Illness If Infected with Coronavirus? Updated Data (Kaiser Family Foundation)
- Where America Didn’t Stay Home Even as the Virus Spread (New York Times)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Provides Updated Guidance to Address the Urgent Need for Blood During the Pandemic (FDA)