Fri. 05/15 - Have Birds Gotten Louder During Lockdown?
How far can respiratory droplets fall when we speak? What would a public health plan targeted towards the elderly look like? Some advice on combatting COVID-19 symptoms from someone in recovery. Plus, have birds gotten louder recently? Why did Michael Jordan agree to star in Space Jam? And a site to help you discover new-to-you music on Spotify.
- Experiment shows human speech generates droplets that linger in the air for more than 8 minutes (Washington Post)
- Coronavirus: False claims viewed by millions on YouTube (BBC)
- Covid Targets the Elderly. Why Don't Our Prevention Efforts? (NY Magazine)
- Opinion | Coronavirus Is Making Young People Very Sick. I Was One of Them. (New York Times)
- Breathing exercise (Dr. Sarfaraz Munshi, YouTube)
- Birdsong seems louder and the ravens are more relaxed (Irish Times)
- Human Life Is Literally Quieter Due To Coronavirus Lockdown (NPR)
- Do Those Birds Sound Louder To You? An Ornithologist Says You're Just Hearing Things (NPR)
- Why Did Michael Jordan Star in 'Space Jam'? (Vulture)