From Engineer to Technology Leadership
Nick Weaver (@lynxbat, VP Architecture, Innovation, Data/Analytics at @Dicks) talks about the journey from engineer to technology leader within large corporations, the challenges of leading teams during COVID, and the realities of digital transformation.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Qumulo Homepage: Manage File Data at Scale, Anywhere
- Test Drive Qumulo: Try Qumulo for free, no downloads or setup required
- See how O’Reilly online learning can help your tech teams. Request a free demo now.
- Get started with the JumpCloud Directory Platform today
- Visit the JumpCloud Homepage. Email email@example.com for a FREE JumpCloud T-Shirt.
Topic 1 - Welcome back to the show. It’s been almost two years. What are you up to these days?
Topic 2 - The last 5-6 years, you’ve really embraced moving from being a hard-core, hands-on engineer to being a leader of very large technology teams, projects and initiatives. Walk us through some of the new muscles developed, some of the unexpected, and some of the stuff you still need to figure out.
Topic 3 - When you were at Nike, you lived through a legitimate “digital transformation”, both in how the company engaged with the market, but also how you dealt with suppliers/vendors. Help us understand some of the dynamics in going through those changes.
Topic 4 - We all know lots of people on the vendor side of things, and how those dynamics work as people compete, collaborate or change companies. How does that work amongst “customers”, either in the same industry or cross-industry?
Topic 5 - You’re still a technologist at heart. What technologies are interesting to you these days?
Topic 6 - From where you are today, how would you mentor a young Nick Weaver that just did a 5 minute demo during an EMCworld keynote in 2008-2009?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet