From Insurance Giant to Tech Platform: The Story of Ping An
From an insurance giant to an incubator of cutting-edge tech companies, Ping An’s evolution is impressive and unique. Chief Innovation Officer Jonathan Larsen joins Azeem Azhar to explore how the China-based holding conglomerate has managed such agility at immense scale.
They also discuss:
- Why being founder-led has enabled bold movement into new markets.
- How Ping An created the world’s largest telemedicine platform from scratch.
- Why innovation must come from the company’s core culture and leadership.
- Why Ping An’s success is linked to pivoting the entire group to a self-built cloud platform.
- “How Ping An, an insurer, became a fintech super-app” (The Economist, 2020)
- “Ping-An, the tech giant masquerading as a finance company” (FinTech Brain Food, 2020)
- “Ping An on building a fintech ecosystem in China” (McKinsey, 2019)