From Traveling the World to Overcoming a Personal Challenge
In this episode, I had a wonderful conversation with Christie McConnon, a breast cancer survivor mentor equipping other survivors with lifestyle tools to find their new normal after breast cancer. She shared how her life suddenly changed from traveling the world with her family to battling breast cancer and overcoming it.
- 2:39 - Traveling the world with her family
- 8:30 - Her first mammogram at 40 years old
- 10:05 - The fourth biopsy and her diagnosis
- 12:40 - Surgical management and recovery
- 19:29 - Looking back on her lifestyle prior to cancer
- 23:03 - Her greatest challenge and the turning point
- 26:04 - People who helped
- 29:06 - Her greatest lesson
- 33:53 - Giving hope
- 37:49 - Her best advice
Christie specializes in teaching thrivers how to use plant-based essential oils for physical and spiritual wellness, self-care, intimacy, and reducing toxins in their homes. You can find more information on her website christiemcconnon.com
She has been married for 31 years and has 4 young adult children and 1 grandson with another one on the way. By day she is a middle school science teacher. By night she mentors other breast cancer survivors. She loves fitness, traveling, meeting new friends on social media, and spending time with her family and friends. Find out more about Christie and connect with her through Instagram and Facebook!
Don't forget to download your FREE GUIDE to Mindful and Energetic Living here, and subscribe to this podcast!
See you in Episode 25!
Buzzsprout podcast link: http://mindfullyrecharged.marianathomas.com/
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: