From the Facebook Papers to the metaverse
All Facebook, all the time! Issie Lapowsky joins the show to talk about what’s in the Facebook Papers, and what it’s like trying to report on them and understand how Facebook works. Then, Janko Roettgers discusses the company’s big rebranding — Facebook out, Meta in — and Mark Zuckerberg’s big-picture plans for the metaverse.
For more on the topics in this episode:
- Issie Lapowsky on Twitter
- It’s Frances Haugen’s world. We’re all just living in it.
- Here are all the Facebook Papers stories
- They left Facebook’s integrity team. Now they want the world to know how it works.
- Facebook's hiring crisis: Engineers are turning down offers, internal docs show
- Robin Caplan on Twitter: Facebook as a radically hierarchical company
- Janko Roettgers on Twitter
- How Facebook is merging VR with the real world
- Mark Zuckerberg just announced the end of Facebook
- The Metaverse and How We'll Build It Together — Connect 2021
For all the links and stories, head to Source Code’s homepage.