GOOD NEWS: Food Waste is the Stupidest Thing We Do
In Episode 44, Quinn & Brian discussed: Why food waste is the stupidest thing we do and how can we cut it in half.
Our guest was Dr. James Rogers, founder and CEO of Apeel Sciences and one of our most mind-blowing guests yet. You may think you know about avocados, but you have no idea. This episode is even more applicable now, when so many Americans have lost their jobs and the question of how to put food on the table is being asked by far too many families.
For the first time in a long time, we’re actually talking about one of the things that America is best at — wasting food. We’re wasting about $165 BILLION of food every year. Or, put another way, about 40% of the food produced in the U.S. is never eaten. It’s staggering and a little heartbreaking. But, of course, we chose this episode because there’s good news: avocados.
Apeel avocados, to be precise.
Trump’s Book Club:
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/james-rogers-801a572a/
- Instagram: @apeelsciences
- Facebook: facebook.com/apeelsciences/
- Twitter: @apeelsciences
- Read: The Third Plate: Field Notes on the Future of Food by Dan Barber
- Learn about the egg biome: ginkgobioworks.com
Connect with us:
- Subscribe to our newsletter at ImportantNotImportant.com!
- Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/ImportantNotImp
- Follow Quinn: twitter.com/quinnemmett
- Follow Brian: twitter.com/briancolbertken
- Like and share us on Facebook: facebook.com/ImportantNotImportant
- Intro/outro by Tim Blane: timblane.com
Important, Not Important is produced by Crate Media