Game Design + Mental Health
- Game designer/clinical psychologist Kelli Dunlap discusses the overlap of game design and psychology
- What she learned from her dissertation on gaming habits + psychology
- How games are being studied differently than in the past
- Ellie Beagle: Therapy Dog - the game about a psychologist dog based on an Ace Attorney style
- Why we turn into Snidely Whiplash in games
- A game that walks you through cognitive behavioral therapy for depression
- Games that have mental health as a theme
- Gaming addiction
- The responsibility of a game designer for the mental health of gamers
- +7 Intelligence Discord Server
- Join an awesome community all about the power of games to influence our lives and the world around us. Come chat and play games with me and your fellow listeners.
- Nerdificent Podcast
- Kelli Dunlap on Twitter: @kellidunlap
- Kelli's website
- Headshots podcast
- PsychTech podcast
- Episode 3 of Plus 7 Intelligence with Josué Cardona - Kelli's podcasting partner in crime
- Link to the Reddit Thread about The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and getting through depression
About +7 Intelligence
+7 Intelligence is the podcast about how games impact people.
Each episode explores a different perspective on how games profoundly influence the real world. Interviews with game designers, psychologists, professionals, and everyday players discuss the unique way that games influence their life and work.
Listen to the show:
Find the show online:
On Twitter: @7_Intelligence
On Facebook: @plus7intelligence
+7 Intelligence is a member of the Podglomerate network.
Music by Creo