Games for Charity + Child’s Play + Travis Eriksen + 007
- +7 Talks with Travis Eriksen of the Gamer-founded charity, Child’s Play
- We talk about how Child’s Play was founded by gamers of Penny Arcade wanting to counter negative press with positive action
- How the most uninteresting game of all time is used to raise money
- Child’s Play donates games because the positive effects on mood, morale, confidence, and even because it reduces the need for pain medication
- Please consider donating to Child’s Play – if that’s not something you can do, then spread the word around.
- Child’s Play Charity Home Page
- The Therapeutic Game Guide
- Donate to Child’s Play
- Snow World – pain reduction in VR
- Desert Bus-the most inoffensive video game of all time from Penn & Teller
- Penny Arcade
- EEDAR – the videogame database
- Quora Session with Ches – taking questions until Wednesday 8/9, 4pm Eastern. That is when you will get to start seeing my responses.
- You can submit questions about the show and anything else you see fit!
Share this Episode:
1-click Twitter share
1-click Facebook share
1-click Google+ share
Link to this episode
About +7 Intelligence
+7 Intelligence is the podcast about how games impact people.
Each episode explores a different perspective on how games profoundly influence the real world. Interviews with game designers, psychologists, professionals, and everyday players discuss the unique way that games influence their life and work.
Listen to the show:
Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play | Radiopublic
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store