Generation Adapt: Early Career Adaptation Professionals Speak
In episode 175 of America Adapts, Doug Parsons hosts early career adaptation professionals. We learn their educational background; what inspired them to get into the adaptation space; what climate impacts and geographic regions they are most interested in making a difference; do they think there are enough adaptation professional advancement opportunities; what adaptation work they want to be doing in 20 years; and what unique skills do they bring to the resilience space. Fantastic conversation with the next generation of adaptation professionals!
- Educational background of early career adaptation professionals.
- What inspired these professionals to go into adaptation.
- What climate impacts and regions are people interested in?
- What are adaptation education gaps?
- Are there professional development opportunities in adaptation?
- What adaptation resources are recommended.
- What do they want to be doing in 20 years.
- What are some unique adaptation skills they bring to the sector.
Guests in this Episode:
- Dolly Na-Yemeh – Climate Adaptation Specialist with South Central Climate Adaptation Science Center
- Brian Watts - Principal Associate, The Pew Charitable Trust
- Megan Holcomb - Director of Services, Planet | Climate Action Systems
- Cameron Adams - Senior Policy Associate, Wildfire Resilience, The Nature Conservancy
- Caitlin Rottler – Climate Adaptation Specialist with South Central Climate Adaptation Science Center
This episode was generously sponsored by the Genesee Mountain Foundation.
Check out the America Adapts Media Kit here!
Subscribe to the America Adapts newsletter here.
Innovations in Climate Resilience Conference
General email is email@example.com
Media inquiry contact is TR Massey firstname.lastname@example.org
- ICR23 Call for Abstracts: Download here
- ICR22 On-Demand: Access all proceedings, presentations, videos, and photos here
Links in this episode:
Doug Parsons and Speaking Opportunities:
If you are interested in having Doug speak at corporate and conference events, sharing his unique, expert perspective on adaptation in an entertaining and informative way, more information can be found here!
Follow/listen to podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Strategies to Address Climate Change Risk in Low- and Moderate-income Communities - Volume 14, Issue 1
Podcasts in the Classroom – Discussion guides now available for the latest episode of America Adapts. These guides can be used by educators at all levels. Check them out here!
The 10 Best Sustainability Podcasts for Environmental Business Leaders
The best climate change podcasts on The Climate Advisor
7 podcasts to learn more about climate change and how to fight it
Directions on how to listen to America Adapts on Amazon Alexa
America Adapts also has its own app for your listening pleasure! Just visit the App store on Apple or Google Play on Android and search “America Adapts.”
Join the climate change adaptation movement by supporting America Adapts! Please consider supporting this podcast by http://www.americaadapts.org and don't forget to subscribe to this podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Podcast Music produce by Richard Haitz Productions
Write a review on Apple Podcasts !
America Adapts on Facebook!
Join the America Adapts Facebook Community Group.
Check us out, we’re also on YouTube!
Executive Producer Dr. Jesse Keenan
Subscribe to America Adapts on Apple Podcasts
Doug can be contacted at americaadapts @ g mail . com